Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2010... Exhaustingly Fantastic Year

I have not written for a long time... so please indulge me as i pen this.

2010 has been one heck of a year... what with a mini musical every month since the beginning. Of course a very big thanks to God who blessed us with clients with such great foresight.

Just to name a few... we have presented a Mini Musical Roadshow for Skinz Infinite (skincare), for Dell Inspiron (launch of Z series laptops), Scholl Shoes (summer range), Websense, Websphere, IBM - products/software... etc ... etc
The latest being a full fledged musical to celebrate The Befrienders 40th Year...

When the agency produced its first Musical - which I believe was Memories for Sale, I made a promise to myself. I want to one day be able to put a price on Performance Arts. So that the younger generation can be proud enough to tell their parents that they want to make a career out of Performing Arts. And not just as a side line/hobby. I know that we may not be there yet, but most certainly we are making some waves.

It feels good to be able to convert a passion for the performing arts into something with good commercial value. And I will keep at it. I will keep proposing and work on ideas to help promote Performing Arts to the commercial world. Because I believe that there is a symbiotic relationship there waiting to be explored and made use of.

For those of you who have been ever so supportive, a very big thank you. And I assure you that there will be more to come.

No comments: